Our client based in Knutsford, is looking for an outstanding Cook to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of their nursing home environment.
As the nursing homes Cook you will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, cleanliness of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance. As a key member of the dining services team, you will ensure all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed.
You will also work alongside the activities team to cater for special events taking place within the home.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Previous experience of running a kitchen
• Ability to read and follow recipes
• Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
• Competent in devising menus and ordering stock
• Food Hygiene Certified – Level 2 as a minimum. Willing to work towards Intermediate Food Hygiene qualifications
• NVQ Level 2/3 in Food Preparation/Catering
• An ability to lead and manage a team of kitchen staff
The position is offering 33 hours per week (7am-6pm shift pattern), at a pay rate of £10.00 per hour.
Our client provides a variety of competitive benefits, including:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Perks and discounts available through Perkbox
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position along with two suitable references from previous/current employers.
Before applying for this position, please ensure the CV you are attaching is up to date with your current and most recent work history. Failure to do so, may result in your application being rejected.
Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates who have been shortlisted for interview by our client